Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Dr Phil October 9, 2018 - Nurse Heather

 Dr Phil October 9, 2018 - Nurse Heather



I woke up from major surgery in so much pain because my pain medication was stolen by a nurse. It gave me such PTSD any hospital visit shot my BP up so high I would have to be admitted overnight. Now I just lack medical care for the fear of it all again.





Im so sick of hearing about people who abuse opioids!!  I have several autoimmune disorders, herniated cervical discs, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, and a bugger of a neuromuscular pain disorder (not specified) that causes the pain receptors in my brain to signal 12-alarm pain messages to force various muscle groups to spasm uncontrollably. Fun, huh?  And even if I’ve been in bed 24/7 for 2 months, I’m forced to appear in person to see my pain mgmt MD, or he can’t give me prescriptions for the next 2 months. Even if I must stop to vomit a few times on my way to my appointment bc my pain spikes uncontrollably. That’s the state law. I have to fill out 2 long questionnaires verifying that I’m not stealing my meds, selling my meds, misusing my meds, doctor shopping for meds, going to the ER for meds, getting people to give me there meds...you name it, I have to swear to it. That’s the law in my state. I frequently run out of my meds bc when I take the prescriptions to be filled, my insurance company forces my doctor to provide the same extra and unnecessary information every month to the pharmacy before the scripts can be filled. MY MEDS HAVE NOT CHANGED AN IOTA IN 10 YEARS, but this dance happens every month, and when I run out as I’m waiting for the insurance dance to stop, I end up with a pain crisis it takes a week to get under control. EVERY MONTH. Why??  I’m not misusing my meds at all, I haven’t “lost” scripts to get duplicates, and I wouldn’t wish my pain on my worst enemy, or on the insurance company assholes, either. I don’t even mind providing endless urine samples to prove I’m a good girl, , and I really like to see my doctor of 11 years.  But I’m deeply, DEEPLY pissed that I’ve had a documented, legitimate need for opioid meds for 13 years, and I’m treated like a criminal. My own sister is an opioid addict, so I thank her while I writhe in pain every month as I’ve run out of meds as I wait to get insurance clearance. My husband in an RN who has had to fire several RNs he supervises for stealing opioid meds. And every time that happens, the bricks thrown at me and other legitimate patients who are NOT addicts get larger and heavier. It’s sickening, disgusting, actually obscene, and this woman had better lose her license!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive