Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Dr Phil Feb 21;2019 || DrPhil Best Show EP16

 Dr Phil Feb 21;2019 || DrPhil Best Show EP16
 Dr Phil Feb 21;2019 || DrPhil Best Show EP16

Dr. Phil I appreciate your show on opioid addiction.  I live in Montana and we have 1 pain management doctor here that has ruined my life.  I was in an auto accident Feb 2010.  After that And since then we (my doctor and I) tried several combinations of pain meds prescribed by my pain management doctor.  Fortunately I can not tolerate anything with Codeine.  So my doc has me on a combination of Lyrica, Cymbalta, and a weekly Butrans patch.  I want off of these meds so badly and I am willing to trade being in pain for getting off these meds.  At this point I am asking my doctor to reduce the dosage of all these meds.  What they don’t tell you about Cymbalta and Lyrica that they are highly addictive.  I tried getting off my meds on my own but it was too difficult to do alone.  My pain management doctor has called me a drug addict.  after having major foot surgery recently and my foot doctor prescribed Hydrocodein which I don’t tolerate well so I took minimum (1/2 tablet)  just enough to manage foot pain from surgeryThen My pain management doctor accused me of shopping doctors for pain meds.  He told me pharmacies have flagged me as a drug abuser and doctor shopping.  I am 65 years old, I don’t drive because I don’t feel safe under the influence of these medications, now I am a prisoner in my own home except for doctor appointments and occasional Walmart trips.  Very difficult for me to stand or walk for long periods of time.  I can’t fly because sitting for long time hurts my back. My brother and inlaws live 3 - 6 hours away depending on airline.  I also have gained 50+ pounds as a side effect.  I do need some sort of medication to manage my pain but I do feel I could do without at least 2 of these meds.  I don’t like feeling like this.  My pain management doctor is insensitive, insulting and demeaning!  He doesn’t listen.  I need help with getting off these meds that are not an opioid.  But seems no one sees this as a issue.  I want my life back!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive