Monday, February 11, 2019

Dr Phil Show Feburary 7 2019 ♛ From PTA Mom To Addicted And Homeless

 Dr Phil Show Feburary 7 2019 ♛ From PTA Mom To Addicted And Homeless
 Dr Phil Show Feburary 7 2019 ♛ From PTA Mom To Addicted And Homeless
How wonderful, Dr Phil, that you have access to great doctors.  I told my doctor that I was afraid I was becoming addicted to the oxycodone he continued to prescribe in greater amounts and I was worried that it was affecting my psychiatric medications in a detrimental way.  He asked me if I was still in pain.  Yes, I was.  So he told me to continue taking them, and that he would "simply" prescribe me suboxone when the time came to wean me off.  What he didn't tell me was the cost of the Suboxone.  When the time came, I didn't have $600 a month for Suboxone maintenance, so I limp along on methadone, which is $400 and in some ways worse than the oxycodone.  It all started as a passenger in a car accident.  Many of us don't ask for this shit.  And I'd love to see the holier than thou's deal with the issues they consider to be "excuses".  I've never purchased a street drug in my life, but that doesn't matter much does it?



Whilst living in the USA I was prescribed opioid pain medications (hydrocodone) for regular child birth (NOT c-section) AND after having a tooth filled (NOT root canal or other serious dental work). This hasn’t happened to me in any other country & I never requested the prescriptions.

I’ve NEEDED opioid medication prescriptions (surgeries/major spine conditions) later in life. I’ve always taken my medications exactly as prescribed & don’t have prior ‘addiction indicators’ or psychological issues. I’ve always found it incredibly easy to stop taking them once no longer needed. It’s VERY important that you titrate down if you’ve been taking them in high doses of for more than a week or 2. At one point I was using high dose fentanyl for over a year before titration off with no difficulty.

For certain conditions opioid pain medications are literally life savers. When used as directed there is very little risk. Having worked in chronic pain support I have known MANY patients who have committed suicide because their pain was no longer adequately managed. Unmanaged chronic pain results in incredible physical & mental stress on a patient. When used correctly there is actually a low risk of addiction for genuine chronic pain patients. Dependence and tolerance are NOT the same as addiction! (They can be managed with slow titration off of the meds). Nearly ALL overdoses are a result of prescription abuse &/or mixing drugs. Most of the opioid deaths talked about by politicians & in the media are ILLEGAL DRUG overdoses.

An addict must STOP. A pain patient NEEDS treatment. Opioids are often ‘the lesser of 2 evils’.

Experts have described genuine chronic pain patients as “collateral damage in the war on prescription opioids”. In the 90’s these medications were ‘handed out like candy’ in my experience. Now, when polled, the majority of GP’s report under-prescribing or not prescribing opioids at all. In the USA doctors report being frightened of being investigated, being prosecuted or loosing their medical license. To my knowledge the USA is the only country which instructs medical professionals to view patients as addicts or dealers first....these concerns are in the final notes (not medical/prescription guide lines).

If they truly want to save lives in America a middle ground must be found. Living with unmanaged genuine chronic pain is a living hell on earth. If you are a chronic pain patient PLEASE be aware that prescription opioids ALONE are NOT the answer. Managing your pain, functioning in life is about finding a BLEND of treatments, (prescriptions, therapies, exercise (when appropriate) supplements, mental exercises, diet etc) There is a tremendous amount of advise online, search “The Blend” Chronic Pain

at least shes off the oxy and heroin, and not "boofing" or "plugging" anymore, she could function on the subutex with a low dose , she may just need to stay on maintenance therapy because if she comes off and has a relapse she could kill herself, if she's on the subs overdose death is less likely, until she's absolutely ready to stay off everything she needs maintenance... sell the 80k$ BMW and pay a years rent get a cheaper car

I was always afraid of getting addicted to prescription drugs. I watch so many people’s stories of having an injury and getting addicted. Or having medical problems and later becoming addicted. It seemed really easy to do. So when I had my baby, I lied and told the nurses my pain was at a 2 or 3 so they gave me the lowest dosage of Percocet. Addiction is a sad and scary thing. It can happen to anyone, and I hope anyone who is addicted to drugs or alcohol, or anything life ruining, can get the help they need.

It just goes to show anyone with any background can become an addict. This woman has been a respected pta mother, volunteering in the schools and looks quite well off financially. This certainly differs from what we think the "typical" addict is. I hope she gets help and recovery because her family needs her back big time.

Take your medication RESPONSIBLY folks!  Often, taking opioids for some people are the only way they can make it through the day.  I’m one of these people.  I have SEVERE spinal issues, MS, fibromyalgia, and more.  I have been taking pain medication for YEARS.  While my medication and doses have had to be adjusted over the years due to opioid tolerance and increased pain (I will be in a wheelchair full time by the age of 45), I have never once abused my medication.  Not one time have I taken more than I’m prescribed.  I wouldn’t dare.  I NEED those medications to be able to get out of bed in the morning and live a somewhat functional life.  So if I run out sooner than I’m supposed to, I would be absolutely SCREWED.  I’m prescribed a 75mg Fentanyl patch (that is changed every 72 hours) and I’m prescribed four 15 mg Percocet a day for breakthrough pain, and I’m on neurontin, and many other medications.  I very rarely even take all of the Percocet I’m given.  I get 120 of them a month and the majority of the time I have 75-80 of them left over every month.  I have had to take countless bottles of them to the hospital to be properly destroyed.  I wish that people would just think of the ramifications of taking these medications before they even start them.  It’s not a secret that they’re highly addictive.  It took me many years to even consider going on these medications because addiction to drugs and alcohol run in my family.  I was terrified to take that first pill all those years ago.  I promised myself that I would NEVER take them irresponsibly.  These drugs will absolutely change your life.  You have to make the choice to let it change you for the good or for the bad.  It’s not the doctors faults for prescribing them. It’s the small minded and weak willed abusers faults.  They make it hard for good people who are suffering to find pain relief.

There are truly weak individuals in this country who cannot take a little bit of pain.  People have a little pain and need a pill.  I suffer from a chronic illness and cannot get pain medication other than motrin because of people like this woman.  The suburban soccer moms and dad's (this is what they call them instead of white people), get and type of pain medication they want.  Not just one narcotic but 2 or 3 narcotics.  These people are irresponsible plain and simple.

Dr. Phil has no clue what it us like to live under the same roof with an addict.  He can visit and study as many of these addicts as he wishes but until you live under the same roof with one you have no idea what that is like.  The husband only said out loud what most family members won't say about the addict living in their home.  He can sit in his chair and says how can you wish death upon this woman?  The mother has abuse her children, kicked her daughter in the stomach because she was high and hubby is supposed to play nice.  She is lucky he hasn't killed her for her behavior.

I have fibromyalgia, neropathy and other issues. The drs I have seen in the past always offered oppiates and always refused them due to the fact I didn't want to become another statistic addict. I've been on so many different meds finally found meds that help alot I take cymbalta and buprenorphime and with these combination it works very good for me. I refuse to become an addict.

Doctors should be held responsible for being absolutely sure patients are weened off medications THEY prescribe. They also should not be paid to prescribe them. Perhaps then only patients that NEED it will have access to it. Im not ignoring the individual's own responsibility, Im just saying doctors shouldnt be paid to drop these drugs on people who don't necessarily need them. (They're paid in Canada, not sure about the US)

I love how much opioid addicts play up the sickness card. I was prescribed amphetamines for a decade. High doses daily for a decade. They have to be sick for what, a week, two weeks? Amphetamine withdraw after long term daily use takes a long time to stop. It took it least a year off of amphetamines for me to have any sort of energy and feel normal, but God forbid someone feel like they have the flu for a week. I just don't get it. You don't stay on opiates because you'll be really sick for a few days if you don't. You stay on opiates because you're mentally addicted to them. Just call a spade a spade.

PPLS when they’re in crisis they make excuses for their actions and blame everyone but themselves did she hve a life other then her children, was the marriage in trouble, he had to work so he could provide for drug habits and he was hurting too to see his family going down and he pull himself away was she pregnant while she was taking the drugs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive